Members: Kathy Llamas, Chair; Jackie Choate, Devon Whitney-Deal, Tilda Hunting, Emily Sweet, Laurie Lucier (clerk)
- Phone: 369-4235 x-8
- E-mail: email@example.com
Public Office Hours as follows:
Meetings held on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month, currently 5:00 p.m. at the Town Hall
INFORMATION ON COVID-19 IN CONWAY:
- June 21, 2022 update about COVID-19. As of today, there are two positive cases in town. Please note that this number will be updated weekly on Mondays, and is reflective of the current number of cases. Some past cases will have resolved, and new cases identified. You can check here yourself on Thursdays to see how many cases Conway has had in total. Scroll down to the COVID-19 Weekly Public Health Report.
- Routine testing and early detection remains one of the best ways to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic individuals. At the Greenfield location (located at Greenfield Community College), testing is quick and easy. It is by appointment only and most people are in and out in under 5 minutes. The test is the ‘Gold Standard’ PCR test, self-administered with a simple and shallow nasal swab. Results are fast and accurate and received in 24-36 hours. The COVID testing site is open 6 days a week and appointments can be made by going to: https://www.cic-health.com/stopthespread.
Stay Safe and Be Well!.
Wondering where to get the COVID-19 vaccine? Click here.
What protocol does the Board of Health follow when an individual tests positive for COVID-19? Click here for the protocol: BOH protocol 4.10.20
Information on basic precautions that everyone can easily take to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases: frcog.org/covid-19-resources/
Click HERE to see the school mask requirements adopted and approved by the Board of Health on August 24, 2020.
The Conway Board of Health is comprised of 5 members elected by town voters on a rotating basis. Each member serves a term of 3 years. The BOH is responsible for:
Enforcement of the State Sanitary Code (witnessing Title 5 inspections; perc tests; approval of septic system plans/issuing of permits for new and upgraded septic systems) Also responsible for monitoring safety of drinking water, receiving reports and issuing new well drilling permits
Hazardous materials and solid waste disposal (enforcement of State Recycling laws; issuing waste hauling and use permits; collection of hazardous waste and community education) Click HERE for information on the Transfer Station.
Enforcement of the State Sanitary Code Minimum Standards of Fitness for Human Habitation. Responsible for inspections of rental housing, commercial kitchens, restaurants, retail food, B & B’s, recreational camps and public beaches
Monitoring, investigating and reporting infectious and dangerous disease cases, including rabies. Monitors and issues permits for remediation of beaver and muskrat activities. Supervises animal control officer and barn inspector
Emergency preparedness. Works with federal, state and regional communities and organizations to develop/coordinate facilities and resources, such as sheltering, food and water, treatment, isolation and quarantine, to respond to broad public health emergency situations.
- Family burial plots. Provides written permission for establishment of family burial plots on private property. Click here for more information: Family-Burial-Guidelines
- Board of Health Fees: click here for current list of fees: BOH-Fees-2010
- Food and paper composting has been discontinued for now.
- New Board of Health Regulations: In 2018, two new regulations were adopted regarding the sale of tobacco products and retail marijuana products. Click here to view the regulations:BOH Marijuana regs; Tobacco Products Sale Restriction Sig
- Walk-In Town Nursing Hours at the Conway Town Hall: First Fridays 9 am – noon, Lisa White RN
- Notice to Board of Health employees: As of April 1, 2018, the new Pregnant Workers Fairness Act goes into effect. For more information about the new law, click here: Guidance on Pregnant Workers Fairness Act 2018-01-23