Patricia Ann Lynch, Chair; Carolyn Thayer, Treasurer; Henry Horstmann, Patricia Kocot, Margaret Tiley
- Summer Senior Picnic: Thursday, August 29th, 12:00 PM at the Conway Sportsmen’s Club
- Regular COA meetings: 9:30 AM, 1st Wednesday of the month, Town Hall
- Monthly Foot Care: by appointment; contact Peg Tiley, 369-4010, for reservations
- Yoga for Seniors, Summer Hours: Wednesdays at the Library; gentle mat yoga 10:15 – 11:15 AM, chair yoga 11:30 AM – 12:15 PM; contact instructor Jody Fontaine, 413-824-9435, for information
- Monthly Walk-In Wellness Clinic: First Friday of the month from 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon at Town Hall; contact Town nurse Lisa White, 665-1400 x114
- Senior Luncheons: Last Thursday of the month at Town Hall; contact Peg Tiley, 369-4010, for reservations
Audio, Large Print, and Braille Materials: The Perkins Library, which was established by Perkins School for the Blind, loans audio, large print, and braille books and magazines along with playback equipment to eligible individuals. For information and applications, visit the library’s website at www.perkinslibrary.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 1-800-852-3133 or 617-972-7240.
LifePath Options for Independence: LifePath is an area agency offering a variety of services for elders, caregivers, and persons with disabilities. For information visit info@LifePathMA.org or phone 413-773-5555, 978-544-2259, or 1-800-732-4636.
Home Repair Program: no-cost minor home repairs for low-income seniors; contact Pat Lynch, 369-4284, for more information.
Medical Equipment Loans: durable medical equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, commodes; call Hank Horstmann, 369-4405 to borrow equipment or if you have equipment to donate.
Home-Delivered Meals: Meals on Wheels are provided up to seven days per week; call LifePath, 773-5555, for information and registration.
Van Transportation: curb-to-curb van transportation for seniors; weekly trips to Big Y in Greenfield, Thursdays; monthly trip to Walmart in Hadley, third Friday of the month; call the Shelburne Senior Center at 625-2502 to make an appointment at least 48 hours in advance or for information about reservations and fees.
Senior Living Help: check out this website for resources on finding appropriate senior living and care facilities: https://www.seniorlivinghelp.org/assisted-living/massachusetts/
TRIAD: services such as smoke and carbon monoxide detector installation, fuel assistance, medical equipment loan program, 911 cell phone program; health and wellness visits; contact TRIAD at 413-774-4726.
Specialized telephones for persons with disabilities: free or at reduced cost depending on income, for persons with hearing, vision, mobility or cognitive disabilities. Contact the Massachusetts Equipment Distribution Program (Mass EDP), 800-300-5658.