Patricia Ann Lynch, Chair; Carolyn Thayer, Treasurer; Henry Horstmann, Patricia Kocot, Margaret Tiley
- Regular COA meetings: 9:00 AM, 1st Wednesday of the month, Town Hall
- Monthly Foot Care: by appointment; contact Peg Tiley, 369-4010, for reservations
- Yoga for Seniors: Wednesdays at the Library; gentle mat yoga 10:00 – 11:00 AM, mat yoga 11:15 AM – 12:15 PM; chair yoga 12:30 – 1:15 PM; contact instructor Jody Fontaine, 413-824-9435, for information
- Monthly Walk-In Wellness Clinic: First Friday of the month from 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon at Town Hall; contact Town nurse Lisa White, 665-1400 x114
- Walking group: Mondays at 9:30 AM; meet in front of the library. Contact Phylis Dacey, 369-4326, for information
- Senior Luncheons: congregate meals are held at noon on the last Thursday of the month in Town Hall; call Peg Tiley at 369-4010 for information and reservations.
- Medical Equipment Loans: durable medical equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, commodes; call Hank Horstmann, 369-4405 to borrow equipment or if you have equipment to donate.
September Consumer Tip from the Consumer Protection Unit of the Northwestern DA’s office — The Granny Scam: to see tips on how to avoid falling prey to scam artists posing as a grandchild/family member, click here: Consumer Tip Granny Scam
Audio, Large Print, and Braille Materials: The Perkins Library, which was established by Perkins School for the Blind, loans audio, large print, and braille books and magazines along with playback equipment to eligible individuals. For information and applications, visit the library’s website at www.perkinslibrary.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 1-800-852-3133 or 617-972-7240.
LifePath Options for Independence: LifePath is an area agency offering a variety of services for elders, caregivers, and persons with disabilities. For information visit info@LifePathMA.org or phone 413-773-5555, 978-544-2259, or 1-800-732-4636.
Home-Delivered Meals: Meals on Wheels are provided up to seven days per week; call LifePath, 773-5555, for information and registration.
Van Transportation: curb-to-curb van transportation for seniors; weekly trips to Big Y in Greenfield, Thursdays; monthly trip to Walmart in Hadley, third Friday of the month; call the Shelburne Senior Center at 625-2502 to make an appointment at least 48 hours in advance or for information about reservations and fees.
Senior Living Help: check out this website for resources on finding appropriate senior living and care facilities: https://www.seniorlivinghelp.org/assisted-living/massachusetts/
TRIAD: services such as smoke and carbon monoxide detector installation, fuel assistance, medical equipment loan program, 911 cell phone program; health and wellness visits; contact TRIAD at 413-774-4726.
Specialized telephones for persons with disabilities: free or at reduced cost depending on income, for persons with hearing, vision, mobility or cognitive disabilities. Contact the Massachusetts Equipment Distribution Program (Mass EDP), 800-300-5658.
Holiday dinners for seniors: will be held at the Whately Inn on Thursday, November 21st and Thursday, December 19th. Dinners will be buffet style, with three entrees offered, and cost $19 per person. For reservations call Peg Tiley, 369-4010.
Monthly brunches for seniors: beginning Thursday, November 14th, at 11:00 a.m. at Town Hall. Menu will vary. Suggested donation is $3. To reserve a space call Peg Tiley at 369-4010.